Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Short term investments.....

So, I decided that since I'm at nearly 60 lbs lost, 59 to be exact, that I needed to make a couple of short term investments to my wardrobe. I can still wear stuff...but things are so loose that they are not comfortable loose....they are uncomfortable. I also decided the act of pulling my bra straps back up in public was not exactly attractive. lol So, got a new bra that FITS and then picked up a cheap pair of denim capris to help get me through the rest of the warm months and a new shirt as well. Think I'm gonna pick up another pair of capris too. It felt so good to be in clothes that actually FIT. I think I spent so long trying to stuff myself into clothes that didn't particularly fit me and then going the opposite direction and have been trying to hold off buying new stuff that won't fit for long either, that I've forgotten how good it feels to be in well fitting clothes! Must have made a difference in my appearance having the girls back in their proper place and well fitting clothes because I got so many compliments last night. :) I walked out of the Church feeling so good about myself! :) It was awesome!!!

Something else that's awesome is that I looked at a BMI chart this morning and have now gone from being "extremely" obese to just plain obese. Gosh, I hate the word "obese." It's just a gross sounding word. But, I'll take just being obese over extremely obese and will be thrilled when I'm just called overweight. lol
Still got a ways to go, but these are exciting milestones!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment