Monday, August 16, 2010

4 Months!!!!

Today marks 4 months since Erik and I started on our journey!!! Four months ago I could have never imagined that we'd be where we are and looking and feeling like we are today. It's amazing and been a huge blessing in our lives. :)

Stats..... today, finds me at 62 lbs lost. :) I've hit a slight plateau. Not completely stopped, but I've fought the scale very hard for the last two pounds. UGH!!! I did read something a couple of days ago on a Facebook group for our weight loss plan that made me feel a bit better for when this happens, she said, "So my trainer told me something that made me be ok with going thru a plateau. She said that plateaus r extremely important and good in your weight loss. They allow your body to reset and maintain the current weight u r at. Your body automatically wants to rebound to your previous weight, when u hit a plateau your body ...will then look at your current weight as a rebound rather than the previous weight!!" A lot of people have also said that during plateaus they notice more loss in inches, and come to think of it, my new capris are feeling looser on me already. :) Again, kicking myself in the rear for not taking measurements when we started and keeping up on it!

For Erik, he also hit a plateau for a couple of weeks. He actually had a week where he didn't lose even a full whole pound! But, of course, he's broken that and the pounds are dropping like nothing once again. Today's weigh in finds him at 85 lbs lost!!! Woohoooooo!!!! 85 pounds in 4 months!!! WHO DOES THAT??????? ERIK DOES!!!!! :)
I blogged a while back (at least I think I did!!! lol) about a security guard at work not thinking that he was him because he was sooooooo much heavier in the pic on his security badge. Funny thing is, he wasn't even at his heaviest in that pic! So, he put in the request for a new badge and he just hasn't gone and done it. Since that time, he's also gotten a new hair do......as in NO hair! Needed a haircut and was running out of options with his balding going on, so he decided to try and rock the Vin Diesel look. lol So, this morning, he had the same thing happen with a security guard and the security guard ordered him to fix it TODAY. lol Don't worry, he's already taken care of it this morning! ;) He really needs to fix his driver's license too. He was pretty much at his heaviest or very close to it, when he had his driver's license pic taken last year and he looks NOTHING like his pic anymore.
See what I mean?!?!?!



I'll see if I can convince him to take care of that after work today as well! lol

As for a small update on my last couple of blogs, I'm doing better. Was a difficult week+ for me and I've stayed completely on plan. :) I send my baby off to kindergarten tomorrow, but if I got through the past week, I'm sure I'll be okay!

It's been an amazing 4 months and I can't wait to see what we look and feel like in 4 more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment