Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today.......

Thought I should post a little update. My weight has been up and down over the past week. It drives me absolutely bonkers. I'll drop two pounds and be up a pound the next day. Then I'll drop half a pound and stay there for several days or continue to bounce back and forth. This is why, my friends, it's a VERY bad idea to weigh in every day. Seeing the scale doing this can really make you crazy! lol But, do I learn a lesson and weigh in just once a week or every two weeks? OF COURSE NOT!!! ;) I must be a little OCD or delusional enough to think I have some sort of magical control over my scale that it will say exactly what I want it to every day. Of course, if that were possible, I'd weigh about 115-120 already and wouldn't be trying to lose weight! lol Maybe I just like to torture myself?
Things that make you go hmmmmm........

Erik's been in a holding pattern for several days now too. But, that part is okay, with me at least (lol), because it gives me a chance to lessen the gap between our loss numbers. ;) Of course, when he breaks his plateau, he'll drop another 20 lbs like it's nothing.....like he always does!!!

Actually, when this happens, I think it's the body's way of catching up to the loss and where pounds aren't lost, inches are! I really, really, really wish that we had taken measurements so that we could rightfully claim the number of inches lost and not just pounds. So, my advice to my "coachees" or anyone else losing weight....take your measurements!!!!

As it stands, Erik is at 76.6 and I'm at exactly 55 pounds lost. :) Wish mine was coming off as fast as Erik's....but it is what it is and it's definitely something to be happy with! :) At this point, I'm just hoping that I can make it through the rest of the really warm time this season without *having* to buy new pants. Everything is way loose, but there is no point in buying more summery type clothes....because they will not fit to be worn next year! When I shop, I just want to buy some slacks and jeans to get me through part of the cooler season before really having to downsize again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment