Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Water.......the diet wonder

Just thought I'd put a little plug in here for drinking water. Before I started this plan, I was *not* a water drinker. This was, and still is to some point, something I have to be very deliberate about doing. Plain water is not my preferred choice of beverage, but it is soooooooo important. Just to be healthy and keep your body running as it should, a person should consume at least 64 oz of water every single day. But, really, 64 oz isn't a lot and is pretty easy to consume. Something I have tried to do since being on plan and that I recommend to others is to consume *at least* 100 oz every day. When I'm being good, I actually do about double that. I mentioned in my previous blog entry that I was sort of stuck. Well, don't want to jinx anything but the scale is moving again. :) The only thing I have really changed is to up my water consumption and stay on top of it. I have absolutely noticed that when I drink more, I lose more. So, anyone trying to lose weight, no matter what plan if any you are using.....pound the water. You really cannot hurt yourself drinking a lot of water as long as you space it out and give your kidneys time to process it. So, don't go all crazy and drink a gallon in a sitting. But, a gallon or even a little more over a day is okay.

While I'm at it......going to make a little plug for something else. While being conscious of your body and trying to take care of it, remember to take care of our planet and be kind to it. I'm no crazy environmentalist.....but I've noticed in the gym sooooo many people using the kind of water bottles you buy by the case. If you're trying to drink a lot of water, that's a whole lot of waste even if you recycle. Buy a reusable water bottle and refill it. Many refrigerators come with filtered water dispensers and even if you don't have one, you can buy filter attachments for your faucet or buy a filtered pitcher to keep in your fridge. I actually have a favorite water bottle that I like so much I went out and bought a couple more of the same kind. I use one bottle all day long and then wash it. Much more environmentally friendly. :) Also, because I know how many ounces it is....I fill it *at least* once for every meal and am easily able to keep track that way of how much I consume for the day. :)

My favorite water bottle. It's like $4 at Walmart. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amen sista!! I totally agree. I wasn't a water drinker before either. And I am all for using a good water bottle vs. the plastic throw away kind. My favorite is from costo where it has a trigger to open it's spout for quick and easy gulping pleasure.

    Take care!
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete