Sunday, March 6, 2011

Me.......size 8??????

Oh YES I am!!!! :) I'm going to a Church women's conference this coming weekend. My Mother in Law bought us tickets and gave me mine as part of my Christmas gifts from her and Father in Law. So, I was thinking about what I'm going to wear. The dress for the occasion is "Sunday Best" which for us, is a skirt or dress. So, I'm thinking that I only own one skirt. It's a black skirt and I could get away with just wearing that with a different top each day. But, what fun is that? ;) So, I went shopping to see what I could find....initially thinking that I would buy another skirt in a different color. So, I was at Kohl's and wasn't really seeing any skirts I liked. They had a really cute dress that was in the "Simply Vera" Vera Wang Collection.....but alas not the right size. BUMMER!!! So, I grabbed a bunch of dresses off the racks and started trying them on. Imagine my shock when a size EIGHT (that I had grabbed just to see how far off I was) actually FIT me!!! Being silly, I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of the moment! ;) Oh, that was NOT me who trashed the dressing room.....it was a mess already when I went in.



However, I was not in love with any of them, so I didn't buy anything there. I came home and was looking at a few stores online to see what they had. So, I was looking at Belk and saw a dress that I LOVE.....and was very excited to find that the store a few miles from my house had it in the store. So, off I went to see if they had it in the right size and if I liked it on me. They did and I did!!! :) Was so happy to find that the 8 in this dress fit me too! :) So, now I have a new pretty dress for the conference and to take me through the spring. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodi! Awesome blog. I'm excited to follow it. You guys looks GREAT!! WoW!
    Me and the hubs are also on a journey of health and we're LDS too. It's always wonderful to find new friends. Take care!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete