Friday, April 16, 2010

It has begun...........

Erik and I weighed in and started on our journey this morning. :) I'm feeling tired, but I think that has more to do with poor sleep and waking up at the crack of dawn to get kids ready for school, than with the diet. I have a kink in my neck too. Fun. Have had one Medifast bar this morning so far. It was actually pretty good! It was very interesting making it last 15 minutes though, as recommended by Medifast. lol These bars are not large. Pretty much the typical size of a granola or cereal bar like you buy at the store....so you literally have to nibble at it to make it last that long. lol Think for my next meal I'm going to try a soup. We're going to place another order either tonight or tomorrow and I think we're going to need to order more of the bars, pretzels and puffs than we got with this order. Erik has to go to the VA for an appointment today and it's not like he's going to really be able to mix up a soup, eggs, oatmeal, pudding or shake while he's gone. So, for convenience sake, I think we're going to need more of those things on hand.
Speaking of appointments at the VA. This is a follow up on his sleep apnea. I'd known he has it for YEARS and finally got him to do something about it. He started using a cpap machine a couple of months ago and this is some sort of follow up to that. I don't know that his sleep apnea will ever go away. He was like this even when he was thin when we got married. But, I'm really hoping that losing weight will cure his issues with diabetes and high blood pressure.
It wouldn't surprise me if I have these issues too. But, I'm a naughty girl and haven't been to a doctor in YEARS. Haven't needed to otherwise for illness, so I just haven't been for general check ups either.
One funny note.....I was explaining about me and Daddy going on a diet to our 5 year old and what we're going to be doing to get skinnier. He says, "Why do you need to get skinnier?" and I told him, "So, that we can feel better, be healthier and so I can be a HOT MAMA!!!" and he totally rolled his eyes at me! lol Love that he loves his Mommy unconditionally though and thinks I'm perfect no matter what! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment