Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Started.......

Today is prep day. Sort of like packing for a vacation. I'm getting everything ready and in place today, for the journey we will begin tomorrow. :) I decided that it would be fun for Erik and I to document it all....the ups and downs, the highs and lows of losing weight. But, also wanted to separate this from the rest of our lives and the blog I keep about myself and family. So, I created this blog specifically for this purpose. :) I'm a blogger...so I will definitely be writing and hopefully Erik will pop in once in a while and share his thoughts as well. :)

So.....how this started. Erik's parents started the Medifast Diet several weeks ago. They had urged us to try it too, because they know several people that are having such great success with it. We poo-poo'd it at first. The cost factor seemed daunting. Medifast is *not* a cheap diet. It's really not. I find it aggravating too....because the food isn't really much. It shouldn't be so expensive. I wish that they would make it more attainable for people. It could only help the obesity epidemic in this country by doing so. But, after thinking about it and realizing how much we'd be saving on eating out alone....it didn't seem so bad because that won't be a factor anymore. We decided that since the starting off is the hardest part financially (cuz you still have to live and eat in the mean time) that we'd wait for our tax return and make the investment in ourselves with part of it. His parents are doing really well with it, by the way!! So, I'm excited to get started and start losing too! :)
We finally placed the order last Saturday evening.....and it's on the truck out for delivery TODAY!!! So....while we wait for the delivery, like I said, today is prep day. Got to get out the dreaded scale and dust it off. ;) I'm going to make us a dated log to tape up in our bathroom cabinet to keep a log of our weights daily before getting in the shower each morning. Going to create us each a weight loss ticker to set small goals with. For example, first goal would be losing 10% of our body weight each. Second goal, getting to 50 pound loss each. Etc. Etc. I figure that baby steps and shorter term goals help make the long term goal seem less daunting and are celebratory milestones in themselves. :) Going to take the awful "before" pics. ;) Then, of course, I created this blog to document it all in one place. Oh...and as pathetic and unproductive as it is in losing weight we are going to our favorite restaurant tonight to enjoy what I'm jokingly referring to as our "last supper." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment