Monday, April 18, 2011

One Year......

I really wanted to get on here Saturday and post for my one year "anniversary" of starting my weight loss journey. But, I was in the doctor's office and pretty much out of it all weekend. Turns out, I have a sinus infection and an ear infection in my right ear. BLAH!!! I was in absolute misery, to the point of tears. I haven't been this sick, to the point of needing to see a doctor and prescription to fix my illness since I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest...which was also for a sinus infection. Ironically, chances are, I got this crud from my initial visit to the doctor establishing myself as a patient almost two weeks ago. It's what I get for finally going to the doctor! HA!!! I also had my physical done late last week and am now awaiting lab results from my pap and full blood workup. I expect all will be well. :)

So.......as previously mentioned, I have had my one year anniversary since starting my weight loss journey. :) What an absolutely AMAZING year it's been!!!! I hit 133 pounds lost on Saturday, meaning only 7 pounds till I'm literally HALF the girl I used to be!!! CrAzInEsS!!!!!! I'm living this and still can hardly believe this is ME!!! :)

In other EXCITING news.....I was in the store the other day, for fun I decided to try on some size 6 capris just to see how close I was to having them fit and look good too. I was absolutely thrilled to find that they slid right on, buttoned up and looked good too! :) WOOHOOOOO!!!! So, of course, I had to buy them. ;) On the way home from the store, I started contemplating whether or not my wedding dress would fit me now. I had tried it on 2 or 3 times before and just couldn't quite get it zipped up all the way. So, I went and pulled it out of storage again. I put it on and had my 6 year old (only other person home at the time) zip me up....and it ZIPPED.....ALL THE WAY UP!!!!! :) I started screaming and jumping up and down and he was literally on my bed rolling in hysterical laughter at me. LOL A couple minutes later, Erik arrived home from Scouts with our other two boys and I went running down the back stairs squealing with excitement to show him. Yes, I'm sure I was quite a site to behold running bare foot out of my house in my wedding dress. LOL I took some pictures, but I'm not super thrilled with them......taken at 8:30 at night, hair and makeup looking like it's 8:30 at night. LOL So, I'm going to have Erik take some nice ones of me to post here when I'm fresh. :) Was going to do that Saturday, but then got so sick.
So, that's my update for now. Only SEVENTEEN pounds till goal!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment