Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 2......

Well, since the week 1 update was a little late.....I guess it reasons that this one would be a little late too. ;) Week 2 was VERY frustrating for me!!! I basically hit a couple of mini plateaus and had very little loss last week. All the while the numbers kept falling for Erik. ARGH!!!! It was very frustrating because this diet is designed so that there really isn't a whole lot of room for error (which is the beauty of this diet!)and there wasn't a whole lot that I can do to change what is. I posted on the MF Facebook page and that's what others said too. Plateaus happen with very little rhyme or reason. The one thing that I could change was to up my exercise level, which I have done and seems to have helped. I don't expect huge numbers every week like we had the first week....as amazing as it would be to lose it all that fast with so little effort! ;) But, there's GOT to be something happening! So....week two ended with me at a 13.4 lb loss (total since beginning). Which, yes, IS a great number for 2 weeks....but considering 11.6 pounds happened in week one, it really sucked for week two. Erik ended week 2 down 21.6 lbs!!!!

HOWEVER.....the scale started moving again the very next day (go figure) and by 15 days I was down exactly 15 pounds!!! :) Today, I am down 17.6 and Erik is down 23.2. :) YAY US!!!!! So, after a week of sheer frustration and yes, some tears.....things are going well again. :)

I bought me a good pair of walking/running shoes this weekend and this morning picked up some capri style yoga type pants to exercise in. My long yoga pants are just too hot to wear with the weather warming up and I like to sleep in my soft goucho type pants, so I don't want to wear them to work out in. The shoes were on sale, but still I never spend that much on shoes. Truthfully, I hate shoes (what kind of girl am I? lol) and would rather walk around barefoot and have just never invested much in them. But, the tennis shoes I had hurt my feet and were NOT good to wear much, much less exercise in. So, it needed to be done and I'm sure will be a good investment. :) Here's hoping for a great rest of week 3!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment