Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Been a while.....ooops!!!

Just got thinking I have neglected my blog lately! Guess I really have. That's why I'm not a professional blogger. ;) Life has been crazy. Since I last blogged, we closed out the school year.....which as any of you who are parents knows, it's complete INSANITY the last few weeks.....and we are now on summer "vacation." Translate that into, Vacation for the kids & busy craziness for the Mom. ;)

On the weight loss front, I've had a very frustrating few weeks. I'm going to take it that it's my "karma" for rolling my eyes at people who "just need to lose 10 pounds" so many times. LOL I now completely get that frustration, because the last 10 are WAAAAAAYYYYY harder to lose than the first ten. The scale has literally had me in tears some days. Sigh....
I know that losing half myself in just over a year is completely AMAZING. I really do. But, I am so ready to move on to the next phase of my transformation. I'm ready to live in the "real" world again. I want to do so much more than I'm doing, but I'm still finding that if I overdo it with the workouts, that I'm not getting the results I want. It is really a delicate balance for the whole calories in/out thing. I'm ready to be at the weight I want to be and then focus my energy on toning up and getting even more fit. But, I'm finding that I have to get the weight off first. Also....summer fruit is calling my name and I am excited about the idea of being able to eat fruit again. :)
Soooooo.....with all that said, the scale is FINALLY moving again. **KNOCKING ON EVERY WOODEN SURFACE IN THE VICINITY** This morning, I hit my original tentative goal of 135. It's just the number I had bobbing in my head....but then I decided to go for a full 150 pounds lost and weight of 130. So, I am FIVE pounds away from my goal!!! I am just hoping and praying that the last 5 don't come off as slowly as the previous 5. :)

I will try to keep this up to date with my crazy boys running around....and then of course my journey into transition (adding back abstained from foods....fruits, grains, etc into my diet) and maintenance!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment